It's been a while since I did an update but it's for a good reason... work on my complete redraft is going well and I have now re-written the first two chapters, averaging 4,400 a chapter.
I also had a 'hallelujah' moment today where the rest of the plot became clear to me, all thanks to delving into the characters a bit deeper to figure out how I could REALLY upset them.
Oh, and if you didn't spot it at the weekend, I have also pinned down my image of Karen as I imagine her, and that has also helped the words flow.
All in all, I'm chuffed with how it's all progressing for now.
I'm slightly dreading being away from a computer over Christmas and New Year so may have to resort to writing long hand and typing it up when I get back as I just know I'm going to be hit with ideas for scenes whilst I'm away.
Anyway, my bed is calling so that'll do for now.
Merry Christmas everybody, just in case I don't get back on here.
Wednesday, 21 December 2011
- ► 2014 (35)
- ► 2013 (88)
- ► 2012 (104)
- Signing off for 2011 - Merry Christmas!
- Progress update for 'Love in the Aisles' (3)
- Introducing 'Karen' from 'Love in the Aisles'
- Critique panel and BETA readers required
- New Year's Resolutions for 2012
- Who is your guilty pleasure?
- Feeling lucky: I've done it again!
- Book Review: Christmas in the Village (4-in-1) by ...
- Christmas is coming!
- Book Review: Match Me If You Can by Susan Elizabet...
- Book Review: The Host by Stephenie Meyer
- Book Review: Secret Smile by Nicci French
- Book Review: Can You Keep A Secret by Sophie Kinse...
- Introducing "Scott" from 'Love In The Aisles' (upd...
- Progress update for 'Love in the Aisles' (2)
- Free Kindle books in 'My Amazon'
- Book Review: Peachville High Demons series by Sarr...
- Book Review: Ava Delaney series by Claire Farrell
- Book Review: Spellbound by Jane Green
- Book Review: The Rae Wilder Novels by Penelope Fle...
- Mills & Boon: did you know...?
- ▼ December (21)