... her story in a magazine.
I've bitten the bullet and printed off my short story, ready to send off to Woman's Weekly magazine in the hope that they like it and want to publish it (and pay me!).
I did originally email it to another publication a couple of weeks ago but didn't even get the auto-acknowledgement so assume it never went through.
Oh well, keep your fingers crossed.
They say to allow sixteen weeks so could be a while yet before I hear anything at all but I'll keep you posted.
PS Yes, Ive been tinkering with GIMP to create cover art again ;o)
30/1/12 ETA: GULP!! It's in the mail on route to the Ficion Dept :oS
UPDATED 19/3/12: Ah well, I got the 'thanks but no thanks' from Woman's Weekly last week but I really wasn't expecting much from it to be honest. I've been revising it today, hopefully improving it, and am now trying to decide what to do. I can either try another magazine (it is still exactly 2000 words), or I could self-publish it to kindle, or I could publish it to my blog in two or three installments. Decisions, decisions...
- ► 2014 (35)
- ► 2013 (88)
- Faint Heart Never Won... (updated)
- Cover art... been tinkering!
- Off topic: Race for Life 2012 - for Nan...
- I'm a winner again... Karina Buchanan: Winner!
- Friday the 13th!
- My favourite reads from 2011
- Congratulations to Emma Mills on Witchblood
- Feeling even luckier!! Can you believe it?
- Kicking off the New Year with a... short story
- ▼ January (9)