My ratings will be as follows, sometimes with an extra .5 if a book falls between two ratings.
Score: 5 out of 5 = it was excellent and I will definitely re-read it
Score: 4 out of 5 = it was really good and I couldn't put it down
Score: 3 out of 5 = it was pretty good
Score: 2 out of 5 = it was okay
Score: 1 out of 5 = it wasn't my cup-of-tea
Score: 0 out of 5 = it was so bad, I couldn't finish it
Just to confuse matters, these will not always match up with Goodreads or Amazon - especially as they don't allow halves - so here's my comparison guide and how you can expect me to score...
I am not a critic or professional reviewer and I am scoring purely on how much I enjoyed a book or not. I am not analysing writing styles or anything else technical, I just rate each book on its own overall merits, rather than breaking it down into genres and whether it matched the blurb etc.
If you are an author and would like me to review your book, please email me with the genre and blurb and I will get back to you.
- ► 2014 (35)
- ► 2013 (88)
- Always On The Go
- Just For Fun: Favourite Disney Characters
- Saddle Up! It's writing time again...
- Book Review: The Bride Wore Chocolate by Shirley J...
- New RIVA covers... maybe it's just me being a humb...
- Book Review: A Vengeful Affair by Carmen Falcone
- Book Review Ratings Guide
- Book Review: One Day to Find a Husband by Shirley ...
- Cover reveal: Avenge (Patronus #2) by Sarah M. Ros...
- Reading list: July 2012
- ▼ August (10)